Hello everyone, Hope you are enjoying your summer! While you are enjoying it, here are a few things to think about, to help your business. First of all: just say… Thank You.
Your Team: Do they feel appreciated?
Hint: It’s not all about money.
I’ve spent countless hours speaking with Team members about their jobs and job satisfaction. While monetary compensation is important to all of them, the overwhelming majority place feeling appreciated at the top of their list of reasons for job satisfaction. In today’s economy, you may not be able to give pay raises but you can sayThank You.
Here are some other ways to let your Team know they are valued:
* Offer an attainable incentive bonus program.
* A “Thank You” lunch from time to time (you don’t have to go out, you can have it delivered from a local catering company).
* After a really difficult week, give your team members gift certificates for a manicure or pedicure.
* When you hand out pay checks or pay stubs (in cases of direct deposit), look them in the eye and say Thank You. Do the same when handing out incentive bonus checks.
* Always pay your team on time.
* Performance evaluations are as important to your team as they are to you. They are expecting to hear what they are doing wrong. Make sure to give as much positive feedback as possible and thank them for their loyalty and dedication to your practice.
* Hold regular Team meetings and listen to what they have to say. Try to implement suggestions where possible.
* Be fair, don’t play favorites. You’re human and you will have favorites but you never want to make it obvious. Say Thank you to everyone on your team.
* Come to work on time. Don’t put your Team Members in the position of making excuses for you. The best way to lead is by example. If you want your staff to care about your Practice, you have to show that you care about it.
You should never dread working with a Team member. It’s not fair to either of you and will cause problems in your Practice. Most importantly, surround yourself with a competent, upbeat, professional Team that has your back.
If you would like to see our incentive bonus formula, visit our website and check out our downloadable forms.
Have a great week!